April 29, 2020
Temporary full-time (40 hours per week) to last until March 31, 2021; must be willing to work Saturdays & Sundays
Reporting to the General Manager, the Shelter Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring appropriate scheduling, programming, evaluation and ongoing client satisfaction in all services at The Lighthouse Serving the Battlefords.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Analytical Skills
- Creating and Managing Change
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Effective Communication
- Motivating for Peak Performance
- Negotiating/Conflict Management
- Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Database Systems
- Promoting Empowerment
- Self-Motivation and Drive
- Solving Problems Creatively
- Time Management
- Team Work
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Vision and Goal Setting
- In collaboration with General Manager helps coordinate service delivery and scheduling of staff at The Lighthouse, as well as the services of the supported living suites and any houses in the community
- Assist with administrative duties for all areas (move-in/move-out forms, application forms, billing, etc.)
- Coordinate & monitor documentation of staff activities for Shelter, Kitchen, etc. (e.g. cleaning checklists, safety checklists, training checklists, etc.)
- Coordinate, monitor and compile statistical documentation for reporting internally to staff, Lighthouse Directors and Board, stakeholders, funders, and service partners (e.g. monthly reports on shelter stays; usage stats, etc.)
- Identify information needs and help to create and run reports assisting with service planning and evaluation processes
- Compile monthly statistical reports for The Lighthouse Serving the Battlefords
- Provide evaluation of staff, services and statistical information
- Facilitate all ordering and purchasing for The Lighthouse Serving the Battlefords
- Assist in research and development of policies and procedures for The Lighthouse
- Periodic on-call duties for evenings/weekends
- Handles confidential and sensitive material and information with discretion
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred Degree/Diploma level of training in business, administration, human services, social services or non-profit program delivery
- Minimum two years of experience in administration and/or management capacity
- Knowledge of community human service agencies, organizations and resources
- Knowledge of harm reduction and trauma-informed care
- Knowledge of the dynamics of homelessness in North Battleford & Saskatchewan, along with housing and support strategies.
- Strong administrative skills
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word, PowerPoint; HIFIS)
- Effective problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, internal to the Lighthouse and externally
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to develop rapport with staff and clients
- Interact with Lighthouse clients and general public in a professional manner
- Sensitive to cultural and socio-economic differences and strive to create community and mutual respect
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to facilitate meetings and training sessions
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff and client privacy
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of The Lighthouse
- Physically able to perform all assigned tasks.
- Sensitive to cultural and socio-economic differences in and between clients and employees, and strive to create a harmonious work environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals of all levels within The Lighthouse community
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with related legislation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Criminal Record and Vulnerability Sector clearance
- Driver’s License
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases and conditions.
- Interacts with residents, staff, partners, as well as government/community agencies and personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals.
- Physical activity required including walking, standing
Please submit resume and cover letter to Raeleen Viklund, Human Resource Manager, via email to email@example.com or by fax to 306-665-7773. No phone calls, please. Posting will be removed when the position is filled.